Saturday, March 6, 2010

A wine for your soul





Sometimes things happen where they should not...Here we are, in front of that bottle of Frappato from Arianna Occhipinti in Sicily.


We're talking, discussing, laughing, eating.. oh yeah and drinking this beautiful Frappato...This wine talks to me, moves me. It's pure, real and unfortunately, it's already gone.. Well after all, this is the destiny of great wines: to be shared and drunk.
So why this wine? Well to be honest I don't know. Is it the flavor profile? is it its purity? is it its freshness and balance? Hard to say because all the components blend perfectly together.

Made from young vines (8 years), this 2007 is superb. Floral and red berries, great acidity and balance, a slight touch of oak and a drinkability that would make Bud Light cries... (I have to admit it kills me to mention Budweiser here...!)

Grazie to the Occhipinti team !

No comments:

Post a Comment